Getting your face to become soft and smooth takes a lot of work. Sometimes you even have to adapt to certain life changes to achieve it. However, one thing you need to note is that it is very achievable, and one of the most effective ways to do it is by using a honey face mask.
This article will show you all you need to know about making a honey face mask, as well as the skin-health benefits of using this method for facial exfoliation. Honey contains some of the most effective exfoliating properties you may ever know.
How to Make a Honey Face Mask: Step by Step
Follow the steps below to make your own honey face mask and get your face looking as pure, smooth, and soft as possible, especially in this cold and dry weather. All you will need is pure honey.
- 2 tbsp of pure honey
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Scoop 2 tbsp of pure honey in a small bowl.
- Add one part of freshly ground cinnamon and mix properly till it forms a thicker paste.
- Place the mixture in the microwave, under low heat.
- Rinse your face with warm water while the mixture warms up.
- Gently apply the mixture to your face in a circular motion – clockwise or anti-clockwise.
- Leave the paste on your face to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water and pat your skin dry gently.
- Repeat the process daily.
With these steps, you can never go wrong. You will begin to see the awesome benefits of honey on your facial skin. Exfoliating has never been easier. Let us take a look at some of the benefits of using honey for facial exfoliation.
Benefits of Using a Honey Face Mask
Below are some of the amazing benefits of using a honey face mask:
- It lightens and brightens your skin: If you have been battling skin dullness for a while now, due to a facial condition or excessive heat/cold, a good and thorough exfoliation with honey will get your skin back and radiant.
- It deals with acne: Honey has special properties to reduce the effects of acne on your face. Just ensure that you rinse your face properly with soap and water before attempting exfoliation.
- It helps to fade scars: This may take a little bit of time but with consistency, you will see that honey doesn’t only give you clear skin but also removes the appearance of scars caused by pimples and rashes.
There are more amazing benefits of using a honey face mask, and you will find out more when you begin to use the solution. Ensure that you don’t use the honey-cinnamon solution if you are allergic to cinnamon. It works just as well when you use just honey.
Note that using just any honey will create a face mask for you but may not give you the results you are looking for. You are obviously not trying to use the mask as a makeover, so ensure that you get pure honey that can offer you all the awesome benefits listed above.
Photo by Arwin Neil Baichoo on Unsplash